Skip to content
Section 1
Section Navigation Bar

Waste Permit Application Form

  • If you are a city resident and you want to use a van, pick up, or trailer over 1.4m long to dispose of your household waste, at the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Gypsum Close, you will need to apply for a free permit.
  • Please read the following information carefully before applying for a permit.
  • If you have commercial waste to dispose of, you cannot apply for a permit. You can take your commercial waste to the Trade Waste facility at Gypsum Close – more information about prices and accepted materials is available on the Trade Waste page.
  • Asbestos can only be disposed of at Freemen’s Common Household Waste Recycling Centre and requires an asbestos only permit. If you wish to dispose of asbestos, you will also need to phone the site in advance on 01162 543568, once you have received your permit.

If you wish to dispose of construction materials, there are limits to the amount you can tip per permit. These are:

  • 6 bags of soil or rubble (maximum 25kg per bag)
  • 4 windows
  • 4 doors
  • 4 kitchen units
  • 1 bathroom suite

Terms and Conditions

Please check the terms and conditions of use for this permit below and tick the box to indicate that you will comply with these. By submitting the completed form you agree to be bound by these terms.

  • I understand that the permit is only valid for me to dispose of my own household materials, as described on the permit. It will only be valid for the site shown and for the vehicle stated.
  • I understand that the permit is not valid for anybody else's materials or any type of materials not listed on the permit.
  • I understand that any abuse of a permit will lead to it being withdrawn.
  • If I am found to be unloading trade waste I will be prosecuted.
  • I agree to sort my materials into the correct recycling containers.

It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act (1990) to deposit materials illegally. If you collect or transport materials other than your own household waste you are required to possess a Waste Carriers Licence. Claiming material as household waste when it did not arise from your house is an offence.

I have read, understood & agreed to the terms and conditions of the permit as stated above.

eForms by AchieveForms